Who We Are
Value Investing Brasil was founded with the objectives of disseminating the principles and techniques of value investing — the investment approach formally created by Benjamin Graham and expanded by Warren Buffett, the world’s greatest investor — and promoting the interaction of the Brazilian community of value investors, through events and publications.
Newsletter Value Investing Brasil (more of a “letter” than “news” and published in Portuguese only) includes teachings of value investing theory and practice through interviews with successful investors, excerpts/full transcripts of presentations from Value Investing Brasil’s events, reproductions of conferences and other events of relevance to value investors, reviews of important works, like books and other publications, etc.
The Congresso Value Investing Brasil is the leading annual gathering of value investors in South America that brings together portfolio managers, investment professionals, entrepreneurs, senior executives and individual investors. In 2014, the Congresso celebrates its seventh edition.
Congresso Value Investing Brasil 2011 (pictures: José Carlos Baretta)
In a collaborative effort with the Centro de Estudos em Finanças of Fundação Getulio Vargas (GVcef), since 2010 we have organized our second annual event, the Forum Value São Paulo.
Value Investing Brasil is content-driven and our presentations are prepared to address a qualified an informed audience: investment managers, investment analysts, family-office executives, institutional investors, entrepreneurs, and individual value investors.
For the attendees whose professions do not involve the full-time practice of value investing, the benefits of attending our conferences are:
- To increase their knowledge of value investing’s teachings;
- To have a solid understanding of concepts such as margin of safety, circle of competence, investing as opposed to speculation;
- To know how accomplished value investors think and what their techniques are;
- To deepen their knowledge of valuation and learn its alternative techniques;
- To increase their knowledge of Brazil’s competitive context and of competitive advantages of Brazilian publicly-traded companies;
- To deepen their knowledge of corporate strategy and dynamics;
- To benefit from shared investment ideas (“Investment Picks”);
- To increase their knowledge of Brazil’s macroeconomics and of its business sectors (risks and opportunities);
- To establish invaluable contacts with value investing professionals in interactive events with lectures and ample opportunity for networking.
To be notified of future Value Investing Brasil events that will have real-time Portuguese-to-English translation, please send us your information through the form below (if you can understand lectures in Portuguese, please fill in equivalent forms in Portuguese pages of this website):